Thursday, October 16, 2008

A Weighty Crown

For reasons unknown to me, Royal Caribbean has begun doing weigh-ins. We didn’t have them during my last contract, but now we’re forced to step on the scale on a regular basis. Whatever.

First day of rehearsal, we took our base weight. I came in at 167. Okay. Great! That’s less than I was expecting to weigh, so yay for me!

Two weeks went by, and we did another weigh-in. I thought I would've gained a pound or two from muscle. City of Dreams is all about lifting and partnering, so I figured I was beginning to pack on some major muscle ... okay ... maybe just some minor muscle.

Instead, I came in at 164 and dropped three pounds! WHAT?! That’s awesome! I mean, who doesn’t want to lose weight, right? Especially at my age. Now, if I can just add some major/minor muscle, I’ll be all set. Protein, protein, protein.

In other news ... I have to have my crown replaced. For those of you who don’t floss your teeth everyday: START! A root canal is no fun. The dentist had to stretch my mouth open for about four hours to dig out that damaged root. Yuck!

Anyway, my one-and-only five+ year-old crown has shifted and created a gap which is allowing bacteria to get under and fester. Not a good thing. So amidst my RC rehearsals, I had to go and get fitted for a new crown.

The Ft. Lauderdale dentist then fit me with a temporary crown while I wait another two weeks for the new porcelain one to be created. But guess what? Two days later, the temporary crown popped off while I was flossing, so I had to go back to the dentist to get the temporary crown refastened.


FYI ... I do not have the time to be going to the dentist day-after-day. I'm dancing my little heart out and need to devote the rest of my time to eating and sleeping. So please cross your heart that this crown remains in place.

I’ll just be happy when rehearsals, and my teeth adventures are over. At least I’m skinnier than I was before I began!

Ah, it's the little things ...

1 comment:

  1. You're just wasting away, skinny boy! ;) That does suck about your crown, I need to get to flossing more!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.