Sunday, October 5, 2008

Gotta Dance

I’ve been in rehearsals for Royal Caribbean’s Jewel of the Seas for 8 days now. We finally have a full cast minus one girl singer (whom the casting department still hasn’t been able to find). Thankfully we have all our dancers so we can learn our choreography without having an empty space.

So far we’ve learned:

Welcome Aboard
The Farewell Show
The ABBA Theme Night (all of which, I previously knew)

... and half of our first show, City of Dreams:

River of Dreams ... nice, easy, floaty number
Time After Time ... tricky, but not too bad
Like An Eagle ... the first number of the Bollywood section. Lots of fingers and bent wrists
Every Way That I Can ... same as Eagle but with lots more hip action!
Aria ... BITCH of a number! Fast and furious!
Heaven ... fun club finale.


My body hurts!!! My calves. My shoulders. My biceps. But most of all ... my butt! Too much lunging in this show!

My days consist of waking, eating breakfast, dancing dancing dancing until my brain fries from information overload, hot tub-ing my sore muscles, showering the sweat and chlorine away, eating anything I can find for dinner, reviewing choreography, and sleeping.

Sounds exciting, doesn’t it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.