Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Do You Like To Read?

One of my all-time favorite websites is PaperbackSwap.com. If you're a book lover, like I am, it's an unbeatable way to obtain new books to read.

The free site works like this:

  1. Sign up for an account.
  2. Post at least 10 books that you are willing to give away. By doing so, you are automatically awarded 1 credit to "buy" a book.
  3. Search the database for a book you'd like to receive. When you find one, you "trade" your credit for the book. The system interacts with both parties to confirm the transaction.
  4. The "seller/giver" mails you their book.
  5. As other people request your books, you'll earn 1 credit for each book you mail that can then, in turn, be used to request other books for yourself. The more books you post, the more credits you'll earn, and the more books you'll be able to request yourself.

And that's all there is to it.

As the title suggests, you swap books with other members. The only cost to you is the postage to mail your books. But, postage is considerably cheaper than buying the book new.

What I really love about the site is all the nifty features they have.


You can set up a Wishlist of all the books you want. You then get put into a queue and when the book becomes available to you, you're notified if you want to accept the request or not.

You can even set it up so that the system will just automatically request the title. I appreciate this feature because you only have a 48 hour window to confirm if you want a book. Since I'm often without internet, this ensures I don't lose my place in line and can still receive the books I want.

I've been able to get sooo many books this way. I love it! It's a great supplement to the library system (if you use it) and a wonderful way to save on books if you happen to be a voracious reader.

Try it out. You won't be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.