Monday, April 20, 2009

Pet Peeve Time

Do you know what aggravates me the most? What really irks and annoys me?

People who don’t do what they say they’re going to do.

Please don’t tell me you’re going to call or email me if you’re not going to. Please don’t tell me you’ll take care of something if you’re not going to. And please, please don’t tell me that you'll meet me somewhere and not show up.

I understand the occasional episode of forgetfulness. I understand that life sometimes gets in the way of our good intentions.

But I find that, more often than not, people lack the integrity to follow through and actually do the things they say they’re going to do. It’s extremely annoying.

And disappointing.

And disrespectful.

And selfish.

So next time you tell someone you’ll do something, please be considerate and only say you’ll TRY to do it if there's a possibility you may not be able to. Own up to your faults. Be honest about the situation.

Or, better yet, as Nike says ... just DO it.

3 comments:

  1. Aww, someone dissapointed you:( I hope i haven't ever made a false promise to you! You are wonderful at sticking to your word, you told me you would stay in touch, and you have done a great job! Thank you for Just doing it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN MY MAN!!! WE ARE DEFINITELY ON THE SAME PAGE REGARDING THIS PET PEEVE! AS WE HAVE ALREADY TALKED ABOUT IN THE PAST!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the support guys ... although, I will say this post was not motivated by any single action or specific person. Just building frustration with humanity in general. :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.