Saturday, March 21, 2009

High Drama On the Seas

I can’t believe it. I just can’t believe it. I’m in shock. Really and truly. We have lost a boy singer.

Dwayne has decided that it’s time to move on and has resigned his position on the Jewel of the Seas.

That leaves us in high water. We currently have no replacement scheduled. Just more rehearsals and reblocks. The cast thought we'd seen the end of rehearsals, but I guess not.

To date — since November, and out of a cast of 12—we’ve lost:

A girl dancer due to injury.
A girl singer due to personal issues.
A boy singer due to ??

When will the madness end?!!!

In other Jewel drama ... we had an accident.

During a tech run, one of our flyers was doing his silk act and his grip slipped. He fell from the ceiling to the stage and had to crawl off. Luckily his pride was more injured than his body, but he still got hurt. He's missing a lot of skin from the left side of his body, his elbow is swollen and hurts to move, and his chin needed about 4 stitches, but he'll be okay.

We had to reblock the show to make some adjustments for him, and his understudy went in to fly for the passenger shows, but now he can rest and recover. He's planning on flying again next cruise though. Crazy, huh?

There’s always something going on.

5 comments:

  1. You guys have all been through so much! I hope everyone makes it through the last few cruises in one piece! High drama is right!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh... Ship Life! Once you think you're in the clear... I'm sending you and your cast good vibes!! Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'll try not to add to the drama!! hope it all settles down for me!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there....wow, unbelievable. I miss you Taiter-Tot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like my ship contract. Good luck!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.