I recently had to change a plane ticket (over a month in advance of the original departure date) and instead of a $25 or even a $50 change fee, they charged me an additional $150 on top of the ticket difference. So basically, my $200 ticket became a $50 credit to book a new reservation, and I lost the other $150.
Oh ... and was there any indication anywhere on the ticket or emails they sent me or on their website that told me a reservation change would cost $150? No siree. The most I could find was a generic “there may be a fee”.And don’t think I didn’t try and try and try to get the fee waived or at least reduced. I even got Patrick to try. He went above and beyond and climbed higher up the AA food chain than I thought possible.
But American Airlines, whose Customer Service Plan states “We are dedicated to making every flight you take with us something special. Your safety, comfort and convenience are our most important concerns,” gave Patrick this (paraphrased) answer: “Sorry. There’s nothing we can do.”
So, ta-ta American Airlines. See ya, later.
AA sucks! I worked for them for 8 years and trust me, they treat their employees just the same way they do their passengers. Their management doesn't give a shit about anything because they assume that everyone will just bow down to them. That company can go to hell...and they can take their bag fees, change fees, and shitty managers with them! :)
ReplyDeleteYIKES! Well, if anyone has inside knowledge, I guess you do. Glad to know it's not just the passengers, although I guess it would be better if they just adopted a new management style. :)
ReplyDeleteI agree with you, Tait. I dunno what it will take to get that piece of shit company to open their eyes and go "WOW WE REALLY ARE THE ANTI-CHRIST OF THE AIRLINE INDUSTRY!" I started working for Delta after I got shit on by AA and it's so sad that the past 8 years, I've been so brainwashed into thinking that AA is this superior airline. They are such a shitty carrier compared to the others. Their employees don't get treated with ANY respect by management, much less passengers. When I was a manager in San Francisco, I tried VERY hard to treat my employees with more respect than I expected to receive because I knew they would work harder for me they felt that I cared about them. Unfortunately, my managers didn't give a shit about them (or me) so morale went to shit after they fired me over political BS. I guess I forgot to kiss someone's ass...not that the bonuses they got weren't worth more...haha!!
ReplyDeleteSo Tait, now that I work for Delta, I warmly welcome you over to our Company and anytime you need some travel assistance, you just let me know and I'll do all possible to see that you get it. :)
Jeremy ... You are the kind of manager every company should be so lucky to have. Sounds like Delta knows a good thing when it sees it!
ReplyDeleteAnd thanks for the travel assistance invitation. When I need it (and I'm sure I'll need it at some point), I will definitely let you know! :)